The on-line world is awash with cults and you can be assured that the ones screaming loudest about cults are the ones in one. Here are 12 indications that you might be in an on-line cult to help you navigate your way through the smoke and mirrors created by fear-mongering, pit-playing, narcissistic cult leaders’ shenanigans.
1. You love bomb and share the work of others at the behest of an alternative media public figure.
2. You withdraw support of the same person’s work you used to share at the behest of the same alternative media public figure who once encouraged you to support and share the work of the person they now demand you to boycott.
3. You accept the most outrageous claims as fact without any proof whatsoever.
4. You are afraid to ask for proof of outrageous claims, fearing that you will be next to be smeared.
5. You are afraid to share the works you want to share on your own Facebook wall or Twitter feed for fear of bullying and reprisal by others who all share a common support and following of the same alternative media public figure.
6. You watch an alternative media public figure calling people monsters, crazy-bitch assassins, failures and talentless, abusive losers without questioning the motive or ethics of the name calling alternative media public figure.
7. You watch an alternative media public figure follow his own descriptions of smear campaigns to the letter and it never occurs to you that you are witnessing an actual smear campaign.
8. You participate in smear campaigns to gain the favor of an alternative media public figure because you were secretly jealous of the attention the person who you are now boycotting once received from the alternative media public figure and/or you have fallen for another pity play.
9. You’ve watched smear campaign after smear campaign and know it is wrong but feel powerless to leave the group because you are emotionally attached to your comrades whom you know will turn against you if you follow your conscience.
10. You realize that your on-line activities really do nothing to fight the powers that be and only tear down those who ARE doing something but you do nothing to change your situation because you are afraid.
11. Your moral compass stopped working long ago and you have no idea how to get it working again.
12. You will never know true freedom until you leave.